Buying social...does it resonate with you or are we barking up the wrong tree?

Discussion in 'The Forum' started by Vicki Wonders, 17 Dec 2018.

1. Vicki Wonders

Vicki Wonders New Member

As a Business, how easy is it to actually procure your goods from a Social Enterprise?

And as a Social Enterprise, how easy is it to buy from other Social Enterprises??

These 2 questions have been playing on my mind lately, as we strive, here at Re:Work Office Furniture to put ourselves in front of more businesses to sell our wares.

When would a company make an ‘ethical’ or ‘social’ choice when buying?

Even for us as a Social Enterprise, it’s sometimes hard to make that buying decision; it tends to be a google search for whatever we need…. But I think it’s time to put a little more effort into who we use and what we buy? But how can Social Enterprises make that easier?

A lot of the bumph that I have read on buying from Social Enterprises, related to large scale contracts, massive things that most of us feel frightened to go for, or don’t actually have the resources to take the plunge. But what about the smaller stuff, tens of thousands, not hundreds…?? Does the ‘socially conscious’ box make the list when your tendering for some IT equipment, Outside Catering, or in our case - Office Furniture?

I’m interested to know if your business thinks about a Social Enterprise as a genuine contender for your business. What stops you or what helps you?